square root of 1000 = 31.6227766017
Other Races - Featured Races
Aasimar (15 RP) -
Catfolk (9 RP)
Dhampir (11 RP) -
Drow (14/41 RP)
Fetchling (17 RP) -
Goblin (10 RP) -
Hobgoblin (9 RP) -
Ifrit (6 RP) -
Kobold (5 RP) -
Orc (8 RP)
Oread (6 RP) -
Ratfolk (9 RP) -
Sylph (6 RP) -
Tengu (13 RP) -
Tiefling (13 RP) -
Undine (7 RP) -
More Races - Advanced Races (11-20 RP)
Android (16 RP) -
Gathlain (12 RP) -
Ghoran (19 RP) -
Kasatha (20 RP) -
Lashunta (11 RP) -
Shabti (13 RP) -
Syrinx (16 RP) - Syrinxes are humanoids native to the continent of Arcadia with the heads, wings, and feet of owls. -
Wyrwood (20 RP) -
Wyvaran (17 RP) -
More Races - Monstrous Races (21-30 RP)
Centaur (28 RP)
Ogre (23 RP)
Shobhad (29 RP) -
Trox (28 RP) -
More Races - Race Points Unknown
Aquatic Elf -
Deep One Hybrid -
Munavri - Munavris have similar physical proportions to humans, but their skin is milky white and they have lavender or pink eyes and white hair. -
Orang-Pendak - mini-sasquatches -
More Races - Standard Races (1-10 RP)
Gnoll (6 RP)
Lizardfolk (8 RP)
Monkey Goblin (10 RP) -
Skinwalker (10 RP) -
Triaxian (10 RP) -
More Races - Very Powerful Races (31+ RP)
Drider (35 RP) -
Gargoyle (36 RP) -
Duergar (8 RP) -
Grippli (6 RP) -
Suli (16 RP) -
- Sulis, or suli-jann, are geniekin descended from mortal humanoids (usually humans) and jann. They possess considerable power over the elements—including the ability to enshroud their arms in acid, ice, electricity, or fire—and they are often considered blessed for their genie heritage (especially among the humans of Qadira)
Svirfneblin (24 RP) -
Vanara (8 RP) -
Vishkanya (13 RP) -
- Vishkanyas are a race of exotic humanoids with poisonous blood. Possessed of an alien beauty, these graceful humanoids see the world through serpentine eyes of burnished gold. Their supple skin is covered with tiny scales, often of a light green, which are sometimes arrayed in patterns not unlike those of a serpent. They cannot be generalized as good or evil, but since they truly speak with forked tongues, they are content to accept the gold they’re offered and leave questions of morality to others.
3rd Party Races - Adamant Entertainment
3rd Party Races - Alluria Publishing
- Physical Description: Anumi, from the neck down are identical to very fit Medium-size humans. Their skin tone varies from olive to dark brown and is both flawless and hairless. Gender cues are exaggerated; females have perfect hourglass forms and males feature bulging biceps and rippling abdominals. From the neck up they are entirely bestial and extremely varied. While proportionate to a human head, the animal head can be that of just about any imaginable natural creature. Canines, felines, and avians are most common. However, bears, boars, horses, and even lizards are also well-known. Any natural beast that someone might have considered a beloved pet or companion may become an anumi. If a species type is not listed, the Gamemaster may decide to add new statistics and powers.
- Sages speculate that kvals are a product of the fabric of reality itself. These scholars believe that the universe has a built-in safety mechanism for when the balance of good and evil becomes violently tipped towards evil. The world itself quickly expels the evil, excising it and the surrounding area as one might remove a cancerous tumor. The offending land then resides in a self-contained demiplane where it festers for untold ages and collapses. The kvals are part of that process, acting as agents of entropy to the evil that resides within. When the malevolence is mostly consumed, the energies that maintain this microcosm collapse and deposit the kvals into the mortal world, sometimes in great hordes. When unleashed upon this world, most kvals continue to fight the forces of evil.
Looking upon a kval, one might be convinced it is a wicked, wingless imp. It stands only about one-foot tall, has goat-like horns, bright orange cat-like eyes, and a long, spade-tipped tail. Its skin is pale blue, and its simian mouth is full of sharp teeth. It even smells of fire and brimstone. Perhaps its most alarming feature, however, is its large and disproportionate hands. This minuscule, wiry-looking creature has hands the size of a full-grown man’s, with three clawed fingers and a thumb. The hands, which appear far too heavy for the creature to wield, are actually capable of grasping and using Small-sized weapons. This creature is amazingly strong for its size.
Kval voices are deep and sinister, and often carry a thick abyssal accent. They hiss loudly when scared or angry.
Numistian - - Physical Description: Numistians look similar to humans, with long, narrow noses and slightly pointed ears. However, it would be difficult to describe the height and general appearance of a numistian, as both are variable. At rest, they appear as a wrinkled, elderly individual, roughly 3 feet tall. At this height, they are fairly squat and might even be mistaken for a very short dwarf. However, they can double their height to 6 feet, or appear as any height in-between.
When they increase height, their skin stretches taught and appears smooth and youthful. At 6 feet tall, they look somewhat elven, with narrow features and long, delicate limbs. Thus, with a minor disguise, they can infiltrate nearly any mortal community — short or tall. If age is respected in the community they are in, a numistian may appear a bit shorter and older. If youth would be an asset, they can appear tall and vibrant. The numistian is a natural marketing chameleon.
However, numistians do have a few distinguishing and immutable traits. First, their pale skin has a metallic luster which can appear coppery, silvery, or even golden. Second, they have a third eye in the center of their forehead. While the two eyes in the normal position are often a cloudy blue or grey, the third eye is perfectly round, cat-like, and brilliant green. They often hide this eye with the aid of a hat, helmet, or turban.
While males have no hair on their heads, or most of their bodies, they do tend to grow long white, pale blue, or grey colored beards and mustaches, regardless of their age. Females have long hair on their heads of the same colors as the male’s beards.
Numistian gender cues are entirely superficial. Males and females, from the waist down, are identically featureless. Neither gender has nipples, though females have the slight suggestion of breasts. Both genders tend to dress in clothing common to the realm that they are traveling in, though they do prefer the fanciest styles. A numistian’s clothing often appears ill-fitting because of their ability to change height and girth.
- The zif are an ancient species of mollusks who first evolved in the oceans, long before any beasts roamed the land. The zif were a parasitic creature capable of attaching itself to the nervous systems of other mollusks and assuming control over the host’s body.
In ages past, zifs preferred ammonites as hosts. With the ammonite forms, they built great cities. Over the eons, they built a thriving undersea civilization. They ruled their realm for ages, until a terrible and mysterious force from beyond threatened their existence. The peaceful world that the zifs created ended in a cataclysmic apocalypse of fire, ice, and lightning. The ammonites were wiped from the realm, and the zif civilization along with them. Some zif, however, retreated and survived.
A few scattered zif found refuge in the depths of the oceans, using giant squid as their hosts. This dark age lasted for many years, but eventually the zif pulled themselves together as a race and once again looked outwards.
The zif discovered through their spells and scouting that while the oceans still teemed with life, the major powers in the world were on the land. The zif decided, that in order to take part as a power in the world they would need to switch hosts to a form capable of surviving on land. After much discussion, the zif decided upon using a semi-intelligent race of semi-humanoid giant snails, the snillorg, as their new hosts. After a careful selective breeding program of their hosts, the zif once again burst into the world to reclaim their birthright as a major power.
Physical Description: Zifs as they are today are known by their snillorg. These odd creatures have all that one would expect from a semi-humanoid giant snail. Standing about 5 feet tall, they glide along on one muscular foot. This motion is powered by succeeding waves of muscular contraction which move down the ventral of the foot. A small, flat shell known as an operculum rests on top of this foot. They have a long, thin body with arms that are almost skeletal in width. These arms end in equally long and thin three-fingered hands. A larger four-foot diameter spiraled shell protrudes from their backs, much like a backpack. Their heads extend practically neckless from their torso and have wide and flat mouths filled with smooth, grinding teeth. Two bulbous antennas protrude from where their nose should be. Their heads are capped with two long eye stalks. Zif eyes are simple black orbs. The most remarkable aspect of the zif’s body is that it is entirely retractable, and fits snugly into the shell that they wear on their backs. When retracted into their shell, the foot shell fits neatly over the main shell’s opening providing maximum protection.
Zifs speak in gurgling voices and smell a bit musky, but not as terribly unpleasant as one might expect. Their yellowish brown skin is particularly slimy as it exudes purplish mucus that aids in movement and maintains the elasticity of their skin. Their shells vary in color and pattern, but are typically black, white, pink, brown, or yellow. Unlike the zif’s previous forms, the giant snail form is primarily terrestrial, and lacks the biology necessary for prolonged underwater life.
3rd Party Races - Dreamscarred Press
3rd Party Races - Fat Goblin Games
3rd Party Races - GUNGNIR Gamedev
3rd Party Races - Jon Brazer Enterprises
3rd Party Races - Kobold Press
- Darakhul arise from members of other races who fall to ghoul fever, but darakhul PCs can start play directly as darakhul. Any bonuses, penalties, and abilities of the previous race are gone; only memories, skills, and cosmetic features remain. -
- These small, intelligent, squirrel-like humanoids live in secret primitive societies deep in the jungles of the world. They are omnivorous, subsisting on fruits, roots, insects, larvae, eggs stolen from treetop nests, and birds and small mammals they bring down with their blowguns. They craft most of what they need from available materials in the deep jungle but sometimes barter with more advanced creatures for metal and crafted items. Lemurfolk are nocturnal but can function normally during daytime hours. They can live 80 years, their fur graying with age. Lemurfolk stand about three feet tall and weigh about 35 lbs.
Lemurfolk tribes are a varied and rather pompous lot, and they are present in many jungles. They are often notorious pirates, bandits, and nuisances to other races. They believe themselves to be divinely ordained to bring “merriment and honey” to the downtrodden, and they steal gold and jewels whenever the opportunity presents itself.
However, their thievery comes with gifts, as well— they provide honeycomb and fruits and nuts in exchange and thus they claim that they are “purchasing” the gold or precious stones that they take. Simpler or more primitive people are often happy to see the lemurfolk bring their goods or offerings. More advanced cultures typically find them unamusing, and they sometimes offer bounties for lemurfolk hides or tails.
Nkosi - - A leonine race, the nkosi appear to be bestial humans with cat’s eyes and the fangs and fur of a lion. Most grow their hair long, braiding colorful beads into their locks to mark important events in their lives. Though comfortable in the wilds, nkosi can adapt to any environment. In combat, they favor curved blades, wielded in a brutal fighting style in concert with snapping lunges using their sharp teeth.
Tosculi (11 RP) -
- The insectoid tosculi are diverse, verminous creatures that seek to overrun anything in their path. Tosculi usually fall into one of three primary roles: drones, warriors, and queens. Tosculi drones are sterile and asexual and queens are quite rare— there is only one queen per hive-city, although there are many hives scattered throughout the forgotten parts of the world.
Occasionally, a tosculi wishes to escape the wretched society into which it is born.
3rd Party Races - Little Red Goblin Games
3rd Party Races - Lost Spheres Publishing
3rd Party Races - Louis Porter Jr. Design, Inc.
3rd Party Races - Northwinter Press
3rd Party Races - Paizo Fans United
3rd Party Races - Rite Publishing
3rd Party Races - Rogue Genius Games
- Lapith are bipedal humanoids with the innate ability to assume a quadrupedal form very similar to a centaur. They are the result of arcane experimentation by centaur and elf sorcerers, who used powerful magics to blend the power of centaurs with the adaptability of humans and elves.
3rd Party Races - Silver Games
3rd Party Races - Storm Bunny Studios
The Automata -
3rd Party Races - Total Party Kill Games
- Tawaki are a race of seagoing avians from islands of the distant south. They cannot fly, but they make up for it by being exceptional swimmers, shooting through the water like missiles. A sizable majority of tawaki travel the world from the decks of sailing ships, and even those that don't are usually fishermen.Personality: Tawaki are energetic and compelling talkers. They love telling tales and singing songs, and they never turn down a drink offered. When a tawaki ship pulls into port, it's safe to assume the tavern will be lively late into the night. A tawaki on his ship is somewhat more reserved, willing to put off merriment until the day's tasks are finished. Still, jokes and song are common on tawaki ships. Tawaki are extremely close with their shipmates, and though they're not normally violent, will lay down their lives to defend one of their number.Physical Description: Tawaki are short and streamlined, standing about three feet tall. Their bodies are covered with sleek, black feathers. Their chest, stomach, face, and the undersides of their arms are white insead, but maintain the same sleek feathered look. Their faces are tipped in a small, reddish beak. Tawaki possess a pair of yellow streaks above their black, beady eyes, along the line between black and white feathers. On males, these yellow streaks form large paired crests of feathers that extend back past the top of their head. Tawaki bodies are sleek and bullet-shaped, with winglike arms that split into feathered fingers at the end. Their legs are short and bony, ending in webbed feet. Tawaki usually weigh between 25 and 30 pounds. Tawaki reach maturity at 20 and can live up to 150 years old.Relations: Tawaki get along well with anyone who offers them a drink or a good story, and distrust those who treat one of them poorly. Tawaki generally make few judgments beyond those they or their shipmates are aware of first-hand. Tawaki are known to get along famously with Hadozee, who compliment them nicely.Alignment: Most tawaki are good, with a tendency towards chaos over law. If a tawaki's captain is another tawaki, their outlooks often grow to match his, which means an evil tawaki captain may soon be the captain of an evil crew, even if all the tawaki aboard were good when they joined. However, if a captain is evil and not a tawaki, most tawaki will leave when possible to find another ship. Tawaki Lands: The Tawaki homeland is a relatively small island in the southern seas. The island is somewhat rocky, and generally uneven terrain makes it poor farmland. And so, most tawaki at home live in shoreline fishing villages, making a living off the sea. However,the majority of tawaki leave home when they come of age, taking off to see the world on sailing ships, some built by the tawaki themselves, others just stopping by for supplies. Sailing is a lifetime profession for tawaki, and most only retire from the task once they reach middle age, or become too wounded to continue the life.Language: Tawaki speak tawaki, a language of squawks, whistles, squeaks, and chirps. Names: Tawaki names are relatively simple, with a personal name, a clutch name, and a family name, which is an inherited clutch name from their father. Male Names: Bambang, Guntur, Harta, Kuwat, Susila, YudaFemale Names: Cahaya, Cinta, Indah, Kasih, Mawar, Ratu, UtariClutch Names: Basara, Gata, Hari, Inya, Katur, Mahar, SuwatAdventurers: Tawaki adventurers are not uncommon at all. Many tawaki have a level or two in an adventuring class of one sort or another. Though they don't have close ties to many dragons, the tawaki produce a surprising number of sorcerers.TAWAKI RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Dexterity. Tawaki are surprisingly tough for their size and possess compelling, likable personalities, but they're not particularly strong and can be somewhat clumsy, especially on land.
- Small: As a Small creature, a tawaki gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but uses smaller weapons than Medium characters use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Tawaki base land speed is 15 feet. Tawaki hive extremely short legs and their webbed feet only help to slow them down.
- A tawaki's base swim speed is 60 feet. A tawaki has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A tawaki can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A tawaki can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Hold Breath: A tawaki can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 8 × his Constitution score before he risks drowning.
- A tawaki possesses a natural bite attack that deal 1d4 points of damage.
- Cold Tolerant: Tawaki gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against cold damage and cold effects. Tawaki can also exist comfortably in conditions
between –20° and 90° F (severe cold to hot) without having to make Fortitude saves. This ability counts as if a tawaki had the Cold Endurance feat for purposes of fulfilling prerequisites for other feats or prestige classes.
- +2 Racial Bonus to Balance, Profession (Sailor), and Use Rope Checks. Tawaki spend most of their lives on ships, and as such are experts at the skills needed day-to-day on deck.
- Great Ally (Ex): Tawaki work exceptionally well with their allies. When successfully aided on a skill check or attack roll by an ally, or when aiding another, a tawaki applies or gains a +3 bonus on the check or attack roll (instead of the normal +2 bonus). Furthermore, when a tawaki and an ally are flanking an enemy, they both gain a +4 bonus on attack rolls (instead of the normal +2 bonus).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Tawaki. Bonus Languages: Auran, Aquan, Elven, Gnomish, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass tawaki's rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
Xixchil or Thri-kreen - - -